Digital sales and distribution are your expertise. Supply chain management, inventory planning, and UX design strategies are all implemented effectively with you running the operation.
Does your resume effectively showcase your skills in the same way?
Our e-commerce operations manager resume templates have helped many professionals find a career in this growing field. They’ll be a great resource to help you land your ideal job.
E-commerce Operations Manager Resume
Clean E-commerce Operations Manager Resume
Modern E-commerce Operations Manager Resume
What Matters Most: Your E-commerce Operations Manager Skills & Work Experience
E-commerce managers oversee a lot of aspects of a business. In a high-tech field like this, it’s important to show you have the technical and leadership skills to stand out to hiring managers.
E-commerce operations can vary based on the products offered and the company’s size. For example, distributing health products like supplements may have specific health codes needed to be followed in distribution. In contrast, something tech-based may need more customer service support to get consumers set up after purchasing.
Listing relevant skills to the job’s description here will help you stand out. The world of digital merchandise is fast-paced, so you want to show job recruiters you’re up to the task.
Here are some of the top skills companies are looking for in e-commerce operations managers.
9 popular e-commerce operations manager skills
- Oracle Business Suite
- IBM Websphere
- Inventory Planning
- Google Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Customer Service
- UX Design
- Innovative Leadership
Sample e-commerce operations manager work experience bullet points
E-commerce operations require well-rounded technical skills and knowledge of consumer behavior. Job recruiters will want to see examples of how you’ve put those skills to the test in the digital retail space.
You’re a strategic planner and know how to put your best foot forward to make an excellent first impression. These skills will prepare you to showcase your knowledge and abilities throughout your resume.
A great way to do that is by showing examples of both leadership and technical ability, so companies know you’ll be the right fit to take their e-commerce business to the next level.
Here are a few samples:
- Modernized the company website using top UX design principles, which doubled conversion rates in 1 year.
- Used JBoss applications to increase the speed, security, and performance of the checkout process, reducing cart abandonment rates by 50%.
- Oversaw the creation of a new inventory system using NetSuite that decreased the time needed to process and ship orders by 30%.
- Used Google Analytics to identify holes in the website’s search discoverability and worked with the digital marketing team to implement proper SEO strategies that increased organic traffic by 22%.
Top 5 Tips for Your E-commerce Operations Manager Resume
- Short descriptions are more impactful
- Keep your resume to one page in length using short, impactful descriptions. For example, one sentence on how you improved page load times by 23 percent by compressing and optimizing images should be sufficient.
- Combine leadership with technical skill
- Managers in the e-commerce field need to possess high levels of technical skill combined with leadership. For example, you can explain how you used both by finding ways to improve the customer service experience and leading employees to implement new changes.
- Prove your impact with numbers
- Use data to back up your claims whenever possible. You don’t want to just say you implemented strategies to improve customer experience. Instead, say how your efforts to simplify the checkout process increased conversion rates from 2 to 5 percent.
- Proper resume formatting
- The digital market is always changing. That means your most recent experience and achievements will be the most relevant. You should list your work experience in reverse chronological order on your e-commerce operations resume for that reason.
- Organize the information
- Use a clean and organized template for your e-commerce operations manager resume. Each section, like work experience in e-commerce and your educational background in business operations, should be clearly defined with headers and the use of bullet points whenever possible.
Listing any experiences that involve leadership or innovation will help if you don’t have e-commerce management experience. For example, leading a project at your last e-commerce position where you improved product descriptions to boost conversions could showcase your innovative leadership skills.
You could list any experiences related to digital marketing, website development, or managing distributions. For example, if you led digital marketing efforts for a law firm, it would still show you have the technical know-how for managing an e-commerce website.
It isn’t uncommon for those who ran an e-commerce business to become a manager at a company later on. So if you successfully ran your own operation, you should list it as work experience.