Many companies are expanding their sales efforts online in today’s digital economy. That’s where you do your best work in managing websites, creating sales forecasts, and generating conversions with compelling web page copy.
Does your resume template allow you to show companies how much of an asset you’ll be for their needs?
Allow us to help with our internet sales manager resume examples. They’ve helped tons of sales professionals land a career, so they’ll be an excellent place for you to start.
Internet Sales Manager Resume
Modern Internet Sales Manager Resume
Professional Internet Sales Manager Resume
What Matters Most: Your Internet Sales Manager Skills & Work Experience
Generating online sales requires a wide array of abilities. As the sales manager, you may impact everything from project designs to optimizing customer service efforts.
If you’re struggling to narrow down what you should include in the short list of skills on your resume, start with the job description. It’ll help you narrow in on the company’s key needs. Do they mention needing help with email marketing? Then your expertise in email newsletters would be great to include.
Here are some of the most popular internet sales manager skills to get you started.
9 most popular internet sales manager skills
- Website Management
- Lead Generation
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Sales Page Copy
- Google Analytics
Sample internet sales manager work experience bullet points
Companies don’t want to just hear about your skills in e-commerce and website management; they want to know how you’ve used them successfully.
Try to think of some data-based examples to showcase your ability. Consider aspects like conversion rates, click-through rates, or the number of leads generated as good numerical examples to include.
Additionally, since you’re applying for a management position, you should showcase leadership aspects like coordinating sales teams or training staff members.
Here are a few samples:
- Maintained weekly website sales tracking and coordinated metrics-based efforts to create a better consumer experience to increase conversion rates by 46%.
- Organized social media marketing campaigns with 5 weekly posts to increase brand reach and engagement by 68%.
- Created effective email automation systems to send out well-designed welcome emails and lead-nurturing content during the customer journey, boosting lead-to-sale conversion rates by 45%.
- Used Google Analytics to identify 57 new opportunities to improve company SEO efforts, boosting website traffic by 73%.
Top 5 Tips for Your Internet Sales Manager Resume
- A single-page resume is ideal
- Limit your resume to one page so the information is the most relevant and easy to understand. To narrow it down, remember you don’t need to include every detail in aspects like lead gen strategies. Simply stating one sentence on how you generated 2,460 leads through SEO would effectively show your skills.
- Use reverse chronological formatting
- Internet sales needs and trends are constantly changing. Therefore, listing your most recent experiences first in aspects like email marketing and sales page copy will be the most relevant to current needs in the job market.
- Keep it organized
- Proofread for grammar and accuracy
- A website full of spelling errors and incorrect pricing listed on products would likely result in high bounce rates. The same can be said for your resume, so proofread it thoroughly.
- Let your resume and cover letter work together
- Your resume and cover letter can both be planned to showcase your top skills in a well-rounded way. For instance, if you list e-commerce as a skill, your cover letter can contain more details about your passion for providing a great online shopping experience and the strategies you use to optimize it for success.
A resume summary would be a good idea for those with ten or more years of experience in internet sales. You could include how you’re an innovative professional with 11 years of experience creating engaging social media campaigns that generated over $1.1 million in sales.
Think of creative ways you can show your leadership abilities. For instance, if you were the head of a project re-designing the website’s sales pages that resulted in a 55% increase in sales, that could show your ability to lead teams successfully.
Try to narrow in on the specific needs of the position. For instance, if the company needs help with SEO, focusing your examples on how you identify effective keywords, build backlinks, and use tools like Semrush would help you reduce your resume’s size and become more relevant.